When people think of Candy Floss, they think of a colourful fluff ball of delicious sugar. However, people don’t know that they can do so much with Candy Floss. In our new article we will be discussing how to make the following recipe come alive:
- Candy Floss Cupcakes
For more on ‘Candy Floss Cupcakes’, read our article!
More than just Candy Floss
Candy floss is so versatile it’s amazing, it can be made into many fun forms, and for those who do not like the typical candy floss, transforming it into a cupcake, or even ice cream is a great way for more people to enjoy it. If you want to find out more about how you can make candy floss cupcakes, read on!
Candy Floss Cupcakes
This is the kind of cupcake that brings out the little happy child in all of us. They are perfect for children’s party, or any other type of party; there are no rules!
You either make you candy floss from scratch which can be a bit complicated, or you can use our Candy Floss Machines in Oxford. The whole process of making the cakes, after getting the candy floss is much easier, and the ingredients for making the cupcakes goes as follows:
- 1. 3/4 cup of flour
- 2. 3/4 cup of cake flour
- 3. 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 4. 1/4 of tsp salt
- 5. 1/2 cup of softened, unsalted butter
- 6. 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar
- 7. One large egg
- 8. Two large egg whites
- 9. 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 11. 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp milk (not skimmed milk)
- 12. Cotton candy
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Sift together the flour and cake flour, then add the baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- 3. With an electric mixer, mix the butter and granulated sugar until it is fluffy, mix in the egg then egg whites one at a time, and add in the vanilla extract along with the last egg white.
- 4. Work with three separate batches all beginning and ending with the flour mixture, add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture along with 1/2 of the milk, mixing with every addition.
- 5. Divide the batter into muffin cups and use a toothpick to check if it had finished periodically, bring out of the oven when the toothpick comes out clean.
For frosting of the cupcake, we are going to have fun colours like pink and blue that most candy floss is, the ingredients for the frosting is as follows:
Candy Floss Butter Cream:
- 1. 3/4 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 2. 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3. 1 1/2 Tbsp of cream
- 4. 1/2 tsp of cotton candy flavour
- 1. Using an electric mixer, mix in butter until fluffy.
- 2. Then add cream, candy floss flavour, powdered sugar and pink or blue food colouring, until light and fluffy.
Nothing brings a candy floss cupcake to life more than decorations, and we have the perfect decoration to compliment your cupcake, you will just need:
- 1. Pieces of Candy floss
- 2. Lollipop Stick
Take the pieces of candy floss and shape into the size you want. Get the lollipop sticks and run it under water to help to candy floss to stick, then put the stick into the cotton candy.
Once the cupcakes have cooled down along with the frosting, dip the candy frost sticks when they are ready to serve.
There are many ways to enjoy your favourite treats, be unique and be outgoing with our suggestions. Enjoy your cupcakes!